We recognise that employment law is a minefield for employees and we are committed to helping you understand your employment rights. We are approachable and knowledgeable in all aspects of employment law and, importantly, we understand the personal impact which an employment dispute may have.
We can give you straightforward and practical advice in the following areas:
- Advice on your contract of employment, including proposed changes to your terms and conditions
- Advice on your employer’s policies and procedures
- Negotiating with your employer, including on the terms of a proposed settlement agreement
- Assistance with pursuing a grievance with your employer (or dealing with a grievance raised by another employee which impacts on you)
- Disciplinary matters, including appeals against disciplinary sanctions
- Advice on bringing Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Conducting Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Unfair dismissal, including constructive dismissal
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Working time regulations
- Deduction of wages
There are strict timescales within which you have can enforce your employment rights. For example, any claim for unfair dismissal must generally be made within 3 months of the date of termination of your employment. It is therefore important to speak to us as soon as possible. We understand that the prospect of bringing a claim can be daunting but we are compassionate and on hand to support you through the process.